St. John has a strong commitment towards physical education and participation in team sports. We have a full-time Athletic Director who coaches the school in sports and nutrition with varied activities and exercises. There are multiple opportunities for boys and girls of all ages to participate in a team sport.
Various sport teams are fielded through Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) and San Francisco Parks and Recreation. We focus on having fun while learning the skills of each sport, not necessarily on “winning”. Good sportsmanship is imperative for competitors, coaches and parents. CYO’s motto: “Remember: the game is for the kids.” Nonetheless, our kids are often competitive in the leagues and we have been blessed with several championship teams over the years.
- Kindergarten Coed T-Ball (San Francisco Youth Baseball League–SFYBL)
- Grade 1–2 Coed Coach-Pitch Baseball (SFYBL)
- Grade 3–8 Coed Baseball (San Francisco Parish and School Baseball League–SFPSBL)
- Grade 3–8 Girls Volleyball (CYO)
- Grade 3–8 Coed Cross Country (CYO)
- Grade 3–8 Girls and Boys Soccer (CYO)
- Grade 3–8 Girls and Boys Basketball (CYO)