St John School seeks to educate and nurture the spirituality of each student in the Ursuline tradition while fulfilling their highest academic potential. We prepare each student for a rapidly changing world by inspiring them to become critical thinkers, problem solvers, and courageous leaders.
We, the faculty and staff of St. John School, are inspired by the charism of St. Angela Merici and are committed to providing a unique ministry of education in the Ursuline tradition.
- We believe that we can only achieve our mission of education with the active participation of families on our teaching team.
- We create and maintain high academic standards to inspire our students to become critical thinkers.
- We provide opportunities for our children to turn their gifts outward and grow as stewards within the global community.
- We empower our students through leadership opportunities to create a safe and comfortable environment that accepts and celebrates every child’s unique potential in our school community.
- We pledge to work with families to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values necessary to foster our children’s sense of Catholic Christian identity.
Schoolwide Learning Expectations
EXHIBIT – APPRECIATE – GROW – LEARN – EXPLORE – SERVE
St. John School emphasizes and is committed to whole child development. From TK to Middle School, we help students learn how to exercise self-control and wisdom in the joyful discipline of caring for others. We have established schoolwide learning expectations to help guide students along this path. Our expectations are clearly introduced, taught, and posted schoolwide as both reminders and encouragement. We believe in our students’ capability to engage in and meet these expectations. Learn more about the values and characteristics we encourage in our students through our schoolwide learning expectations.